Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Disappointed But Not Defeated

So as I mentioned in my last blog I have a dream. A dream of becoming a published writer. I started down the path of that dream by enrolling in a novel writing class. Well, unfortunately there was not enough interest in the class so it was cancelled. Am I disappointed? Of course I am. Will I let this stop me from pursuing my dream. No! I plan to continue on. I'm a smart person. I can learn the techniques for writing a novel on my own. I learned all the basics in high school. Coming up with a story idea, creating an outline, writing the story. Granted those were short stories and not a full blown novel but the same techniques apply. I can do this. I will not be defeated! I know it's going to be hard, but most things worth trying for are. And once you succeed, it just makes that success much sweeter.

Until next time,
Kim

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you... you keep going! Maybe you can find something online. A class or a message board with folks such as yourself. If nothing else, you will gain access to others who desire to fulfill the same dream.

Bon courage! [Good luck!]

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Thomas Edison only had 3 months of schooling his whole life? Did you know that Henry Ford never got past 6th grade? Did you know that Einstein got kicked out of school many times and finally quit in 11th grade? By today's terms, Einstein would have been diagnosed as A.D.D. and probably pumped full of meds. School means nothing. The desire to succeed, to have a profound purpose, is what makes the journey worthwhile. I'm proud of you for not letting a small pebble on the path turn you around.
Hugs,
Shell May